Thursday, September 20, 2012

HERE GOES...

Here goes....

I've decided to start this because I'm constantly thinking about politics. I find myself holding back because of my position here at FCFC on my facebook. I'm friends with multiple generations, cultures, backgrounds, and political affiliations. The last thing that I want to do is to destroy my witness with someone over my postings in the political arena. I understand that it is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT to win people to Christ then to talk about politics. I also know that:
It is the Gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit which will save our nation – not politics or even necessarily godly leaders in positions of authority.
I think that one of the biggest reasons for this blog is really just the simple fact that I want to make a difference inside of the Christian community. We've become lazy when it comes to protecting our values and freedoms. As George Bernard Shaw said, "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." We have a responsibility to protect the freedoms that we all enjoy today, that our grandparents enjoyed when they were young, and that our founders wanted for this nation.

So, I'll be putting together a blog once a week, maybe more often, that will detail what's going on in our nation, what we can do about it, and how we can make a difference today. So follow me up on the top right hand corner, share these blog posts if you like on facebook or twitter, and get involved in keeping the freedoms that we enjoy today for our kids tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment